Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympic Fever has hit the Hatch house!

We are all into the Olympics . . . and, yes, Jon and I are a little blurry-eyed on some days after not using our better judgement and waiting for NBC to tell us to go to bed. Argh.

But, the funniest one is Connor. He really thinks that he is Michael Phelps. Really. I caught him hanging on to the edge of the couch and flinging himself backward (a perfect backstroke entry, might I add). It was hilarious. And, he thinks that he needs to bring a "swimming hat" (cap for the rest of us) and his shamu goggles (yes, very professional) to the waterpark next time. Oh my! I think it is Jon's turn to take him.

I guess he gets this honestly . . . I remember thinking that I was Mary Lou Retton and that my cartwheel across the living room was amazing. If only we adults could have that kind of confidence. The fun we would have!! And, who knows, maybe we would accomplish something great.

Thankful that God is the "judge" and He really does think we are a 10!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"If only we adults could have that kind of confidence. The fun we would have!! And, who knows, maybe we would accomplish something great." Amen to that!

I was up way too late last night watching the Olympics myself. I marvel at the pressure these athletes feel as the whole world watches them. Incredible!